Looking to get the best possible sleep of your life? You simply need to just start incorporating into your sleep routine a few of these fifteen easy tips to sleep better every night, and you will wake up like me, rested and rejuvenated to take on your day. These tips are not only simple, they will have a huge positive impact on the rest of your day.
Here are 15 steps to follow
- Go to bed the same time each day. Don’t make the mistake I made and stay up late watching television.
- Get up the same time each day. Yes, even on the weekends. When you get up the same time each day, your body becomes programmed to sleep more soundly until it is time to arise each day.
- Eliminate those distractions. Invest in some heavier and darker curtains to block light and distant noises from disturbing your sleep each night.
- Invest in a little white noise device. Devices that simulate rain storms or ocean waves can put your mind at ease and distract from the noises that keep you up. This was the perfect solution to eliminating my neighbor’s barking dog from getting me up early each day.
- Buy the right mattress. Visit CutPriceMattresses and purchase the right mattress available at the lowest prices online. This investment will have many years of benefits to your body.
- Stop eating before bed. The later you eat food, the longer your stomach is going to be working to digest everything through the night. Those rumblings in my stomach used to keep me up until dawn some days until I stopped eating after 8pm each day.
- Avoid soda, coffee, and caffeine. These items not only will keep you up longer, they will interrupt your sleep process, making it more challenging to quickly drift off to sleep.
- Turn off that late night news. Stop watching the news before bed, all that bad news can make it challenging for the brain to relax.
- Turn on a fan. If the room is too warm, a small fan, or ceiling fan, will circulate the air and make it more comfortable.
- Consider the right blanket. I used to sleep with a heavy comforter that made me sweat all night. Use lighter blankets, and add a layer if cold.
- Close those blinds. Block the sun from waking you by closing the blinds before you go to bed.
- Choose the right pillow. Replace that old pillow for one that cradles the head and lets you drift off to sleep more rapidly.
- Choose the right sleepwear. I love fashion trends, and onesies, loose fitting pajamas, and silky tank tops are in right now. They allow you to sleep unrestricted all night.
- Close the door. If you have kids like me, closing the door will keep the kids away from your room for a little longer each day.
- Focus on the good. Focus on the best part of the day as you lie down, you will find it easier to fall asleep when you aren’t worrying about your bills or job.